We are looking for an attorney to primarily handle family law cases, and possibly other cases as well. We prefer someone with 2+ years of experience in family law, but no experience required.
We are also looking for a paralegal/legal assistant. Prior experience preferred but not required.
We are hiring a paralegal/legal assistant to help at our firm. Hours are Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5 pm.
Our ideal candidates must be able to work independently, manage competing priorities, have a strong sense of urgency, be proactive, customer-service oriented, team players, and be able to provide excellent service.
Work experience as a paralegal preferred but not required
Family Law Attorney:
We are looking for a Family Law Attorney to join our team that will focus on Family Law however, may need to assist with other cases as well.
Our ideal candidate should be highly motivated and enthusiastic to learn and develop their legal abilities through active learning. Our firm offers a variety of legal services to clients so there are opportunities to grow in other practice areas.
We prefer someone with 2+ years of experience in family law, but no experience required.
- The ideal candidate must be comfortable working independently, managing competing priorities, be customer service-minded, proactive, a team player, and have a sense of urgency
- Proven work experience as a family law or litigation paralegal;
- Applicable knowledge of motions, discovery, evidence, litigation documentation, court rules and procedures, practices, etc.
- Highly organized with the ability to juggle multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Listens actively to what others are saying to achieve understanding
- Integrity, which includes traits such as: expressing gratitude for others, valuing honesty and openness, taking responsibility and accountability for your actions, good and bad, respecting yourself and others around you no matter where you are, helping those in need without sacrificing
- We expect our paralegals to be highly organized, handle pressure well, understand the importance of deadlines, and act with the utmost integrity
- This position manages attorneys’ litigation calendars, drafts documents, prepares motions for filing, updates clients, maintains proper workflow, assists with billing invoices and distribution, and time entry, as well as the day-to-day operations of the law practice
- Draft and file civil court pleadings and motions;
- Prepare and send correspondence to clients and third parties (e.g., enclosure memos, certificates of service, rule 45 letters, subpoenas);
- Create and maintain pleadings and discovery notebooks;
- Maintain and organize electronic files;
- Organize exhibits, documents, evidence, briefs, and appendices;
- Aid attorneys in the preparation and analysis of discovery requests, equitable